Xello Launches Customer Advisory Board to Advance College and Career Readiness
Industry experts will contribute to company’s roadmap, provide education market insight
ONTARIO, Canada (December 16, 2020) – Xello has announced the formation of its Customer Advisory Board, a diverse group of district leaders and educators who will support the company’s mission of building an award-winning college and career readiness program to prepare K-12 students for future success.
“Xello’s Customer Advisory Board is an opportunity for our partners to learn from their peers, influence change and ultimately help every student build the skills, knowledge and plans for a successful future,” said Matt McQuillen, Co-founder and CEO at Xello. “The Board will provide unique insights on the education industry, feedback about the challenges districts are facing and help validate the decisions our company makes.”
Ten of Xello’s district partners from across multiple geographies will make up this year’s Advisory Board, and will meet quarterly to share market trends and best practices, and review the company’s strategy and roadmap. Members will also share insights and feedback through a semi-annual online survey, and regularly share their knowledge through Xello’s blog.
Members of Xello’s 2020-21 Customer Advisory Board include:
- Tanya Alcaraz, Career and Technical Education Coordinator from Poudre School District, Colorado
- Anthony Cook, Coordinator of College and Career Counseling at Osceola County School District, Florida
- Briana Evans, School Counselor at Prairie Hills Unified School District 113, Kansas
- Tonni Grant, Postsecondary Success Coordinator at Fort Worth Independent School District, Texas
- Jason Henry, Supervisor for Secondary Education for Curriculum and Instruction in Parkland School District, Pennsylvania
- Reno Palombit, Workforce Development Specialist at Johnston County Public Schools, North Carolina
- Katie Siewert, Assistant Director, Career and Technical Education at Vancouver Public Schools, Washington
- Wade Tower, Secondary Program Coordinator at Simcoe Muskoka Catholic DSB, Ontario
- Tony Warren, Education Consultant/Counseling and Career Development at Calhoun Intermediate School District, Michigan
- Mindy Willard, School Counseling and Transitions Coordinator at Madison Metropolitan School District, Wisconsin
“High quality college and career planning is an essential piece of disrupting inequities in our education system and is a vital component of a comprehensive school counseling program. I’m excited to serve on this board to collaborate with colleagues and provide feedback to Xello so that their tool can help us all do better by our students, “said Mindy Willard, School Counseling and Transitions Coordinator at Madison Metropolitan School District.
Tonni Grant of Postsecondary Success Coordinator at Fort Worth Independent School District adds “When you choose the field of education, igniting a passion for learning in all students is who you are. Being a part of the Xello Customer Advisory Board will allow me to ignite that passion and make a greater impact in a large-scale environment. I have an opportunity to support students all over the world. That is nothing short of amazing.”
The first quarterly Customer Advisory Board meeting is set to take place in December 2020. For additional details about the program, please visit //dev.xello.world/en/customer-advisory-board/
Xello is a modern K-12 college, career and future readiness program that helps students achieve a deeper understanding of themselves, explore pathways and plan for the future. Using Xello’s discovery-based model, students build knowledge, real-world skills and confidence to prepare for the rapidly evolving world of work. Xello supports multiple student pathways and helps students build real-world skills. Nearly 8 million students and educators work with Xello. Learn more at www.xello.world.